Saturday, September 24, 2005

Football

I've been amazed by the amount of people who are really bored by the start of the football season. I never thought I'd be depressed by the thought of having the football on the radio while I cook, but this season my heart sank. There really is no point in any team attemting to buy the same players as Chelsea, they'll just offer 10 million pounds more. £21,000,000 for Shaun Wright-Phillips, no-one would have paid anything like that but that was what Chelsea offered. Insane. Although I have resented everything that Man U have won for the last 10 years or so, It's always been tinged with some respect for the team and the manager. They've had young players coming through, ar spent the money they've earned. Chelsea on the other hand have spent nearly half a billion pounds, HALF A BILLION POUNDS, in the last three years, on players that any fool could have suggested. They took a team that was 2nd in the league and spent nearly HALF A BILLION POUNDS on it, and then wonder why no-one is impressed by them. Only another 9 months or so and the cricket will start again. *sigh*

No comments: